Sequencing ~ Weaving The Narrative
~ A 15-Hour Online Training with Mary Dana Abbott, Felipe Gonzalez & Melanie Hyman
Live on Zoom with one month replays on Vimeo
Two weekends: November 10-12 & 17-19
Fridays @ 12pm ET
Saturday & Sundays @ 11am ET
$175 through October 10, 2023 / $225 afterwards
In this training, we will work with the narrative structure of yoga class creation in order to form experiences for our students that are fun, insightful and useful for functional well being and the pursuit of joy.
Will will primarily draw upon Katonah Yoga® theory for our language and methods but also cross-reference from our vast experience with other styles and disciplines, giving you tools and recipes to mix with your own unique talents and interests.
Topics we will cover will include:
- How to use theory to transform your teaching template
- How to threading accessible transitions and cueing into your classes to communicate new concepts, and connect them to more "traditional methods"
- Tricks and tips of persuasion: how to convince students to try, or seethings a different way through sequencing
- Playing with seasons, glands, numbers, maps, and metaphors for good fit, function and flow
- All MDY online classes and one-week replays starting when you sign up through December 8th, 2023
- Course handouts, sequencing worksheets and assignments to process our work
- Pre-recorded lectures and classes
13 hours of the training are live on Zoom, 2 hours are pre-recorded
15 Hours are bankable towards your Katonah Yoga® Certification and YA CECs
Once you sign up, you will receive your Zoom Link for the training and a link to the replay. Additional replay links will be sent out the night before the sessions.
Pay Pal users, please make sure to check the email associated with your PayPal account for the pdf downloads.